How much area does a cubic metre of gravel cover | how many square meters does a cubic meter of gravel cover | 1m3 of gravel coverage.
If you want to estimate the required quantity of gravel, chipping, pebbles or cobbles for your driveway, pathway, patio or for your planting area, you should know the dimension of your projects, what is their area and how your depth should be. Calculating the total amount of gravel you will need for your pathways can sometimes be overwhelming.
Gravel is consist of fine to coarser aggregate formed of different size 10mm, 20mm, 40mm, and some are pea sizes gravel, others are pebbles. It is categorised as per shape and size.
Most common size of gravel or aggregate which are used in construction are as fine gravel (4- 8 mm), medium gravel (8- 16 mm), coarse gravel (16- 32 mm), pebbles (32- 64 mm), cobbles (64 – 256 mm) and Boulder more than 256mm.
Gravel or coarse aggregate is one of the most important construction material required in every civil construction work, for landscaping projects, gravel rods, its required for fill the excavation area, used as backfills, required for preparing the concrete mix, it will be in round or oval, angular, pea size shaped gravel.
Density of gravel is unit weight define by mass by volume, measured in kg/m3, pound/ cubic yard, kg/ cubic feet, pound per cubic feet. In this article we know about how much does 1m3 of gravel cover?, 1m3 of gravel coverage.
1m3 of Gravel coverage will depends on, thickness of your driveway, the size of gravel, rocks type igneous or metamorphic, loose and dense condition, compact, moisture content, dry and wet condition, others inorganic mixed in the gravel.
On average, a cubic meter of gravel, which visually is 1 meter long by 1 meter wide by 1 meter tall, can weigh approximately 1680 kg, and which will cover around 20 square metres at 5cm thick.
Calculate gravel for your garden: if your an area measuring 5m x 4m = 20 m2. Then multiple your square metre measurement by 0.05 ie. 20 x 0.05 = 1m3 of product required for good surface coverage. This will cover your garden in gravel to a depth of 50mm which is recommended to retain valuable soil moisture and inhibit weed growth.
If you choose a 10mm aggregate such as Premium Quartzite Pea Gravel 10mm or Cottage Cream Gravel 10-20mm, you may want to lay it to a depth of around 30-40mm. If, however, you are buying gravel or granite chippings for driveways, you will probably need to lay it up to a depth of around 50mm-60mm.
◆You Can Follow me on Facebook and
Subscribe our Youtube Channel
How much area does a cubic metre of gravel cover
One cubic meter of gravel (granite chipping, pea gravel, stone, or crushed rock) will cover approximately 20 square meters at 50mm thick, 25 square meters at 40mm thick, 33 square meters at 30mm thick, and 16 square meters at 60mm thick.
To calculate the coverage of 1m3 gravel in m2 at standard thickness, you can convert the thickness in meter, then divide the 1m3 volume of gravel by thickness of driveway (in meter) to get coverage of 1m3 gravel in square meter.
Coverage of 1m3 of gravel at 5cm thick
● Thickness of your projects in meter = 5/100 = 0.05 meter
● Coverage of 1m3 of gravel = 1m3/ 0.05m = 20 square meter
● At 5cm of standard thickness, one cubic meter of gravel will cover approximately 20 m2.
Coverage of 1m3 of gravel at 6cm thick
● Thickness of your projects in meter = 6/100 = 0.06 meter
● Coverage of 1m3 of gravel = 1m3/ 0.06m = 16 square meter
● At 6cm of standard thickness, one cubic meter of gravel will cover approximately 16 m2.
Coverage of 1m3 of gravel at 4cm thick
● Thickness of your projects in meter = 4/100 = 0.04 meter
● Coverage of 1m3 of gravel = 1m3/ 0.04m = 25 square meter
● At 4cm of standard thickness, one cubic meter of gravel will cover approximately 25 m2.
Coverage of 1m3 of gravel at 3cm thick
● Thickness of your projects in meter = 3/100 = 0.03 meter
● Coverage of 1m3 of gravel = 1m3/ 0.03m = 33 square meter
● At 3cm of standard thickness, one cubic meter of gravel will cover approximately 33 m2.
● How much area does a 25kg bag of gravel cover
● How much gravel do you need- Gravel calculator
● How much does a cubic meter of gravel cover?
● How much is a yard of gravel
A cubic meter of gravel will cover approximately 20 square meters at 5cm thick, 25 square meters at 4cm thick, 33 square meters at 3cm thick, and 16 square meters at 6cm thick.